Saturday

resituated


     So, move-in day has come and gone. OH by the way, me and my two best friends/ roommates are moving (yet again)... I just realized that I hadn't posted anything about this yet. But I have already packed, boxed, taped and unpacked and I now reside at a new geological location in downtown Toronto. (which really isn't far at all from our old place, just down the street and around the corner in fact).

      But, let me take a moment to reminisce, as it is time to say goodbye to my beloved home. First off, Baldwin street was perfect. It was perfect for the time and place the three of us were at in our lives... starting out in our first year at school, moving out for the first time, in one of the biggest cities in the world, not knowing what we were doing or what to expect. Now let me paint you a mental picture of what it was like to live here, with a few of my describing words: It was lively, hustley-bustley, old downtown, hipster, kensington/ chinatown district brick house
in the neighborhood of couches on porches, serenaded in the late evening by indie acoustic guitar music men strumming away with scruff and fedoras. As the scents of all the cute little artsy-fartsy cafes down the street make your stomach growl, and the little video shop plays a classic old film noir outside while a cute couple shares gelato. Although Baldwin street was great, it was clear to us we had different ideas about the rest of how university should go. Time to focus on school more, in a better environment. A little safer, a little smarter, a little cleaner (ahem ALOT cleaner).

(in-suite laundry YES!!)

     The new place is an upgrade (to say the least). It's beautiful clean, and safe. (not to mention the view). I could go on forever about how much BETTER it is. I know it's only my first night, But I still find myself unsituated.  By 'unsituated' I mean that I am still unfamiliar, unattached and not in love yet, almost like Im pulling up a tree from the roots, and replanting it somewhere else. But whats stopping me?Memories? perhaps. Although I know those won't be hard to make. I suppose 'situated' will come when the third roommate kaitlin arrives, she is out of town and doesn't move in until later next week.... same with our couch and chair, haha. So maybe, slowly but surely i will be situated. I can feel it starting, and I'm excited. decorating the place to our own unique style (and budget)... and tailoring it to ourselves. Anyways, I think I have drank my fair share of tea. (Im currently at starbucks with friends drinking tea after tea to use the free wi-fi, I don't get mine until the 24th)

So, until next time..  :)

p.s the illustration is by Sophie Blackall, who also does one of my favourite blogs missed connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...