Monday

DIY before/after






          




1. So after I soaked the wallpaper in hot water, then peeled it off slowly.... (caution: do not get excited it DOES NOT come off in one easy piece) you must go around and soak the wall again because you will notice that there are two layers to the wallpaper, the design and the brown paper backing. Although if you have the newer kinds of wallpaper you shouldn't have to do any of this...did you know they have 'peel and stick' nowadays?  so cool.

2. After you soak for the second time the backing will be more easily removed with a scraping tool. 

3. After that you want to go around the areas with an abrasive spongepad and remove any tiny little bits left over.

4. Then the first coat of paint, corners and edges first with a small dense-bristled brush. Then fill in the walls with a roller. repeat. 

I must say that I am so happy with it, the amount of natural light that bounces around in there now is so pretty. All I have to do now is hang up all my art, frames and mirrors, find a new duvet cover, a night table (currently my bedside lamp is resting on a pile of hardshell suitcases) and...thats it. I think.

The good thing about white is I can change the mood/tone of my room by switching up the colours of the other stuff thats in it (the art, bedspread, rugs etc.) and it is not as labour intensive & you can do it way more often. 

If I HAD to choose another colour (say, white didn't exist...haha)... my second choice would have been a muted yellow. yup, yellow. Think, Serena Vander-Woodsen  via Gossip girl. (below) Im pretty sure these pictures are older, I think in the new season her room is a little bit different but you get the idea. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...